I once came across a little prayer on a card many years ago that said; God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference. Words that still resonate with me in this process of change.
Just 3 more days to the new year and how has the past one year been for me? 2008 has been a whirlwind of a ride. Life has been an adventure; with major shifts in life priorities and new experiences.
Nonetheless, there are constantly so much to be thankful for. Here I count some of my many blessings :
1. A supportive spouse who will always put up with my eccentriciticies and neurotism and will be my pillar of strength
2. An endearing and healthy little boy who brings so much joy to the family
3. My extended family. Loved-ones who are constantly there for me, providing warm and delicious meals that I can always go home to
4. Quality time spent with my family and loved ones
5. Wonderful friends such as K, L, HL and G. Who make whinge-ing sessions together so much fun and therapeutic
5. A heavenly father who loves me and has promised that he will never leave me or forsake me till the end of time. He is one guy that I know that I can always trust to meet all of my needs.
So what are my resolutions for this year? Actually I should just forget about resolutions as I never ever keep them. Rather I should just say, what can I to forward to this year?
1. More quality time with dh and K
2. A little more time to be spent in my kitchen
2. More new beginnings, one which include a new business
3. Breakthroughs in many areas
Despite all the hullabaloo out there about the economy. I just wish to drop a bible verse here to remind Christian friends and myself to look forward to a good year ahead. As well as for non-christian friends who don't mind a bit of godly wisdom.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Here's wishing all friends a Happy New Year and may this year brings lots of pleasant surprises!