November 1, 2008

Matrimony

It's wedding season again.

Starting with my good friend K who tied the knot this afternoon. It was momentous to see a radiant K walking down the church pews towards her anxious groom, and then finally saying 'I do'.

I always loved church weddings. They are filled with meaningful moments, which I feel that wedding dinners in hotels can never replicate. Church weddings can be rather solemn, however I think it is apt when the couple is about to commit to one of the most significant responsibilities in their lives; which is to stay as an union for the rest of their lifetime.

I will always remind myself of this vow I made with dh, whenever I go through some 'molehills' or 'hurdles' in this marriage journey. Life is afterall not a bed of roses, without the thorns.

"In the presence of God, our family and friends, I offer you my solemn vow to be your faithful partner in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, and in joy as well as in sorrow. I promise to love you unconditionally, to support you in your goals, to honor and respect you, to laugh with you and cry with you, and to cherish you for as long as we both shall live."

Keith & Rachel
Holy Matrimony - 27 November 2004

No comments: